Aboriginal Legal Services
NOTICES / EVENTS / EMPLOYMENT
Current Job Opportunities
Please click on posting for more information.
Aboriginal Legal Services of Toronto (ALST), a non-profit organization providing a range of services to the Indigenous community, requires a Gladue Writer for North Bay. This 11 month contract position will be ending September 4, 2020.
The Gladue Writer prepares reports for the court for Indigenous offenders awaiting sentencing. These reports are used by lawyers and judges to learn about the particular circumstances of the offender and for sentencing options.
The Writer will have excellent interviewing and writing skills. The Writer must be able to work independently and to work on a number of files and reports at one time. Knowledge of the operation of the criminal justice system is an important aspect of this work. Knowledge of the programs and services available to Indigenous people in the North Bay area would be a great asset.
Please forward all applications by September 26, 2019 to:
Aboriginal Legal Services of Toronto
Please note that only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Aboriginal Legal Services strengthens the capacity of the Indigenous community and its citizens to deal with justice issues and provide Indigenous controlled, culturally based justice alternatives. Our dedicated staff is our most valued resource. Compassion, care, teamwork, professionalism, communication and respect are the values that set our organization apart.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for providing technical knowledge and support to the Executive Director, Program Director and Legal Advocacy Director in hiring, training, evaluating and otherwise supporting ALS staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates the staffing process,
• Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
• Updating, creating and implementing required human resource policies and practices
required for the organization.
• Provide strategic Human Resource advice to the Directors of Aboriginal Legal Services.
• Conduct employee on boarding, implementing training and development services for new
and existing employees.
• Ensure policies in place closely align with organizational goals and employment law
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
• Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business or related work experience
• Possession of Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) in good standing or in
the process of working towards the designation
• 3-5 years’ experience in Human resources in human resources role, creating HR
programs and policies, labour relations
• Thorough understanding of employment law, Pay Equity, human resource best
practices, and policies and procedures
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office, HR software, etc.
• experience with HR software and web-based programs
• Familiar with and committed to Aboriginal Legal Services Mission and Vision
A full job description is available for more details about the position. Please submit your Cover letter, resume and 3 references with “HR Generalist Position“ in the subject line by no later than Friday September 6th, 2019 at noon to:
Aboriginal Legal Services of Toronto Fax: 416-408-1568
LAW REFORM & ADVOCACY
NOTICES / EVENTS / EMPLOYMENT