In response to the latest recommendations from health officials to slow the spread of COVID-19 ALS will be transitioning to a remote work environment. Effective Tuesday March 17, 2020 our offices will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Continue to serve clients but will do so as much as possible via phone (1-416-408-4041 or toll free 1-844-633-2886)
- Continue to prepare Gladue reports and Gladue Letters
- Continue to provide Courtworker services to the Toronto courts
- Suspend our walk-in service
- Modified Community Council and Giiwedin Anang circles
- Modified groups. - virtual programming
- Suspend all notarizing and commissioning of documents
- Suspend all public legal education and outreach activities
Chii Miigwetch for your patience and understanding as we put these measures in place to keep our community safe and reduce the spread of the virus.
ABORIGINAL LEGAL SERVICES
Aboriginal Legal Services (formerly Aboriginal Legal Services of Toronto) was established on February 21, 1990. ALS was formed following a need for a legal-related program for Aboriginal people living in the Greater Toronto Area.Find out more.